There are thousands of women pushing boundaries and shattering glass ceilings everyday so that future generations won't have to worry that their dreams aren't achievable and leaving their foot prints on the sands of time..
Each of these historic triumphs helped move the women's movement forward and they've inspired young children, not the female folks alone but all genders to realize that they can do anything they set their minds to.
Here is a quick detail o some of theses women:
#VALENTINA TERESHKOVA BECAME THE FIRST WOMAN TO GO TO SPACE IN 1963.
She recently confirmed that the rumor is true: the space agency really did forget to send a toothbrush up with her for the legendary flight.
"Unfortunately it is a fact," Dr. Tereshkova said while speaking at London's Science Museum. "But I'm very resourceful as any woman would be. I had my toothpaste, and I had my hand, and I had water."
#MAE CAROL JEMISON WENT TO SPACE 29 YEARS LATER IN 1992, BECOMING THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN WOMAN IN SPACE.
She's spent years speaking on the benefits of getting young children - regardless of their gender, nationality, or race - into the STEM fields and into space.
"It's important not only for a little black girl growing up to know, yeah, you can become an astronaut because here's Mae Jemison. But it's important for older white males who sometimes make decisions on those careers of those little black girls," she said during an interview with the Associated Press.
#MARIE CURIE WAS THE FIRST WOMAN TO WIN A NOBEL PRIZE IN 1903.
She won the prize for Physics after research on radioactivity. In 1923, she published "Pierre Curry" with autobiographical notes about her work and life as well as the struggles in each.
"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy," she wrote.
#SARAH THOMAS BECAME THE FIRST WOMAN TO REFEREE FOR THE NFL IN 2015.
Despite her huge accomplishment, Thomas has stated time and time again that she doesn't want special attention or treatment.
"I think her approach from the very beginning was that all she wants to be is known as an official. But, she'll always be a trailblazer," said Gerry Austin, the supervisor of Conference USA's officials, to ESPN.
#VICTORIA WOODHULL WAS THE FIRST WOMAN TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN 1872.
Ever cooler? She did so before women even had the right to vote.
Woodhull campaigned on the idea of "free love" declaring in a lecture that it's "an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please."
#ANN DUNWOODY WAS THE FIRST FEMALE FOUR-STAR GENERAL IN THE ARMY IN 2008.
She's come a long way since her start and thankfully, so has everyone else.
"It was like coming into the Dark Ages," she said in an interview with The New York Times in 1992. "Some senior officers perceived that their bosses would think less favorably of them if they allowed me to be assigned to the division in a critical position."
Source HERE
Each of these historic triumphs helped move the women's movement forward and they've inspired young children, not the female folks alone but all genders to realize that they can do anything they set their minds to.
Here is a quick detail o some of theses women:
#VALENTINA TERESHKOVA BECAME THE FIRST WOMAN TO GO TO SPACE IN 1963.
She recently confirmed that the rumor is true: the space agency really did forget to send a toothbrush up with her for the legendary flight.
"Unfortunately it is a fact," Dr. Tereshkova said while speaking at London's Science Museum. "But I'm very resourceful as any woman would be. I had my toothpaste, and I had my hand, and I had water."
#MAE CAROL JEMISON WENT TO SPACE 29 YEARS LATER IN 1992, BECOMING THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN WOMAN IN SPACE.
She's spent years speaking on the benefits of getting young children - regardless of their gender, nationality, or race - into the STEM fields and into space.
"It's important not only for a little black girl growing up to know, yeah, you can become an astronaut because here's Mae Jemison. But it's important for older white males who sometimes make decisions on those careers of those little black girls," she said during an interview with the Associated Press.
#MARIE CURIE WAS THE FIRST WOMAN TO WIN A NOBEL PRIZE IN 1903.She won the prize for Physics after research on radioactivity. In 1923, she published "Pierre Curry" with autobiographical notes about her work and life as well as the struggles in each.
"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy," she wrote.
#SARAH THOMAS BECAME THE FIRST WOMAN TO REFEREE FOR THE NFL IN 2015.
Despite her huge accomplishment, Thomas has stated time and time again that she doesn't want special attention or treatment.
"I think her approach from the very beginning was that all she wants to be is known as an official. But, she'll always be a trailblazer," said Gerry Austin, the supervisor of Conference USA's officials, to ESPN.
#VICTORIA WOODHULL WAS THE FIRST WOMAN TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN 1872.
Ever cooler? She did so before women even had the right to vote.
Woodhull campaigned on the idea of "free love" declaring in a lecture that it's "an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please."
#ANN DUNWOODY WAS THE FIRST FEMALE FOUR-STAR GENERAL IN THE ARMY IN 2008.
She's come a long way since her start and thankfully, so has everyone else.
"It was like coming into the Dark Ages," she said in an interview with The New York Times in 1992. "Some senior officers perceived that their bosses would think less favorably of them if they allowed me to be assigned to the division in a critical position."
Source HERE




